When you purchased your new INFINITI, you made an investment in a sophisticated machine that's sure to turn heads when you take it out and about. With proper maintenance, you'll ensure that your vehicle gets attention for the right reasons.
Although INFINITI vehicles are designed to standards of mechanical excellence, like any other automobile they require a little TLC to continue running smoothly. Neglecting important tasks like regularly changing the oil, inspecting tires, and topping off fluids may cause your vehicle to break down or get a flat-situations that most high-end vehicle buyers would rather avoid.
To keep your INFINITI in tip-top shape, consider this advice:
• Read the owner's manual - By having a basic understanding of your vehicle and its operations, you'll have a better grasp of the maintenance schedule, and you'll learn some basic troubleshooting tasks.
• Stick to the maintenance schedule - Remember that part of the owner's manual? Strict adherence to the maintenance schedule is the best way to ensure your new INFINITI stays in tip-top condition.
• Always let your vehicle warm up - Once you crank your vehicle, let it warm up for about half a minute before you put it into gear. This gives the coolant and oil enough time to circulate through the vehicle before you put it to work. This is especially important in cooler parts of the country.
• Regularly check and change the oil - Be sure to follow the oil change schedule, but also periodically inspect your oil level between changes. If you're running low, you may need to add some more oil. If you seem to be constantly running oil, it may be a sign that you have a leak. Keeping adequate levels of clean oil in your car ensures the engine is properly lubricated and cooled. That can go a long way to preserving the longevity of your vehicle.
• Check and maintain your tire pressure - Keeping your tires properly inflated will help keep you safe, as improperly inflated tires don't stop or handle as well as tires with the proper amount of air pressure. Improperly inflated tires are also at greater risk of a blowout.
• Rotate your tires every 5,000 to 10,000 miles - Rotating your tires evens out the wear on them and provides a smoother ride. It also extends their useful life.
• Respond to recalls immediately - If INFINITI sends out a recall notice, take care of it as soon as possible. Recalls correct many serious potential problems, so it's well worth heeding recall notices on the rare occasions they go out.
INFINITI of Thousand Oaks carries a wide selection of new and pre-owned INFINITI vehicles. Stop by and talk to a sales or maintenance representative at the car dealership about your repair and maintenance questions today.